At League of Geeks we are passionate about creating successful, unique games that break the mould. We are looking for experienced programmers who can bring a diverse set of skills, life experience and positivity to our team. You will be capable of creating innovative game experiences in collaboration with others, while diversifying and honing your own skills.
As a collaborative, agile team, we love generalists possessing deep specialisations and this is an excellent opportunity for you to invest in your skillset, whilst having a major impact on the experiences we craft and deliver to our players.
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world and you will become a core member of the LoG family making that a reality. Not to mention you’ll be part of our planning meetings, design discussions, and of course Friday afternoon events, weekly LoG Dog Day, and more.
If you’re keen to work at one of the world’s leading independent studios and get in at the beginning of our unannounced project, helping to shape our new, original IP, we want to hear from you.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- A high attention to detail and thoroughness.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- 8+ years of commercial development experience.
- Have worked on at least one commercial PC or console title.
- Games-as-a-service model development.
- Experience collaborating with other creatives to come up with great art or design outcomes.
- Cross platform development.
- Good knowledge of applied 3D math.
- A passion for mentoring others.
- Collaborate with designers to develop and implement the game design.
- Collaborate with all disciplines and departments to create a great player experience.
- Developing core systems that will form the basis of the gameplay experience.
- Taking care to write efficient and maintainable code, with an eye to a quality end-user experience.
- Providing input and further developing the technical design and vision through all phases of the game development cycle.
- To take responsibility for your own tasks and estimations, with support from leads and production.
- Actively problem-solve performance and stability issues when necessary.
- Champion quality in our development process, demonstrating our values and taking an active role in the improvement of our craft at LoG.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day. Yeah, dogs!
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family friendly considerations.
- Healthy work-life balance.
- Professional development track, mentorship and support.
- Annual Summer family picnic and DefGeek party.
- Professional and personal travel insurance.
- Friday afternoon social events.
- Monthly self-directed professional development and game jam days.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most livable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
If this role and a future at LoG sounds good to you, send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work to careers(at)leagueofgeeks(dot)com.
Relocation assistance is available for the perfect applicant.
Please note that we will only be notifying successful applicants, due to the large volume of applications we receive.