At League of Geeks we're passionate about creating beautiful and compelling visual experiences. We're looking for artists who are driven by the same love of game art and want to create mind-blowing visual aesthetics in a highly creative environment.
You're comfortable illustrating, crafting your wild ideas into concept art ready for modellers, or applying your design sensibilities to marketing assets or user interfaces.
As a collaborative, agile team, we love generalists possessing deep specialisations and this is an excellent opportunity for you to invest in your skillset, whilst having a major impact on the experiences we craft and deliver to our players.
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world and you will become a core member of the LoG family making that a reality. Not to mention you’ll be part of our planning meetings, design discussions, and of course Friday afternoon events, weekly LoG Dog Day, and more.
If you’re keen to work at one of the world’s leading independent studios and get in at the beginning of our unannounced project, helping to shape our new, original IP, we want to hear from you.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Have a strong aesthetic eye and style.
- Be comfortable concepting and communicating your ideas the team.
- Great graphic design skills - developing icons, logos, page layout and typographic tastes.
- Be able to apply yourself and adapt to differing art styles.
- High proficiency in software such as Photoshop
- Live and breath visual design!
- Professional game development experience.
- Experience collaborating with other creatives to come up with great art or design outcomes.
- Experience with Unity Engine
- Experience with Substance Painter, After Effects or 3D Software.
- Conceive and create concept art of a wide range of styles and subject matters, from realistic to cartoon - characters, environments and backgrounds.
- Be able to create marketing or in-game Illustrations.
- Conceptualise, design and help create in-game visual effects.
- Create high quality texture content for in-game 3D assets (textures and other maps)
- Work with and implements assets within Unity (or the tools and platforms provided).
- Conceive and create game interface and menus.
- Create social media, web and branding graphics.
- Effectively contribute to the game creation process by working with the art director, lead artist and broader team.
- Be a functioning part of the well-oiled art dept machine, while meeting project deadlines and milestones.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day. Yeah, dogs!
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family friendly considerations.
- Healthy work-life balance.
- Professional development track, mentorship and support.
- Annual Summer Family Picnic, Winter Feast and participation in Melbourne Games Week events.
- Professional and personal travel insurance.
- Friday afternoon social events.
- Monthly self-directed professional development and game jam days.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most livable city seven years in a row.
How To Apply:
If this role and a future at LoG sounds good to you, please send the following to careers(at)leagueofgeeks(dot)com :
- Up to date CV
- Link to folio or appropriate samples
- Include a one-page cover letter that details why you feel League of Geeks is right for you and why you feel you are right for League of Geeks.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we will endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest!